Module 6: Culinary Medicine in practice
Welcome to the Module 6: Culinary Medicine in practice!
This module aims to provide the knowledge needed to develop culinary skills and to apply culinary techniques according to the foods and the nutritional requirements of healthy children and their families as well as in specific situations such as overweight/obesity, vegetarianism or veganism and coeliac disease.
Upon completion of this Module participants should be able to:
- Identify the key elements required for meal planning
- Describe the main healthy culinary techniques and apply them in different scenarios
- List healthy, cheap and easy recipes with 3-5 ingredients
- Provide a list of healthy and high nutritional meals to vegetarian or vegan families
- Describe the main nutritional and culinary techniques for children and/or families with overweight or obesity problems
- Provide healthy and attractive foods and culinary techniques for children with coeliac disease