Welcome to the Unit 6: Culinary Medicine and Celiac Disease
This module aims to give an overview of the diagnosis, symptoms and treatment of celiac disease, from a practical and applied prism.
Upon completion of this Module participants should be able to:
- Know how to perform a dietary assessment.
- Identify the most common symptoms in celiac disease.
- Identify the diagnostic criteria for celiac disease.
- Know foods that contain gluten and how to identify on the label.
- Differentiate between celiac disease and other pathologies.
- Provide recommendations to avoid cross contamination and make the purchase safely.