Module 4: Health Communication and counseling on promoting healthy eating
Total user time in this module:
Welcome to the Module 4 : Health communication and counselling on healthy eating
Upon completion of this Module, participants should be able to:
- Understand the meaning of Health Communication and the principles of Health Literacy, Bio-Psycho-Social model, Empowerment and Patient-Centered Communication
- Attain knowledge about aspect important for communication in promoting healthy eating in families with younger children and adolescents
- Combine health promotion skills and nutritional assessment tools to promote healthy eating in families with younger children and adolescents
- Reflect critically on their own and their workplace competence and practice in promoting healthy eating
Module 4 target group when communicating and counseling on promoting healthy eating
- This module covers the Public Health aspects for Health communication for you as a healthcare worker when counseling and promoting healthy eating for children and adolescences in the general population. Public Health is defined as both Health Promotion and Disease prevention.
- The target group for communicating are normal weight children and adolescences, and those at high risk for developing overweight and obesity (see more about high risk for overweight and obesity in Module 1).
- Module 5 covers Health Communication tools and approaches aimed at children and adolescences who are overweight or obese.
- To assess children’s and adolescences weight status and define those about to be overweight, Module 2 presents the most used assessment tools and current guidelines. The relevance for our modules target group are children and adolescences in normal weight categories and with slightly overweight for their age and gender.
0% Complete 0/7 Steps